It’s a nice day and you decide to go out for a drive. Or maybe, you’re on vacation at the beach and want to explore some of the state parks nearby. Either way, there are plenty of places to see in your RV. But what if one of those key components is broken? You might not know until it’s too late and that can ruin your trip. That’s why knowing how to fix Keystone RV slide-out problems before they happen could be the answer!
The first step is making sure that your slides are properly lubricated so they can move freely without sticking or binding up when you try to use them. The second thing you need to do is inspect all joints between parts for any wear or damage due to rust or corrosion. If you find any damage, you’ll need to repair it before the slide out will work properly again.
If the problem is with the motor, then you might have to take it apart and clean or replace some of the parts. It’s important that you know what you’re doing before starting this kind of project or you could end up making the problem worse.
The bottom line is that if your Keystone RV slide-out isn’t working right, don’t just try to ignore it. Fixing it as soon as possible is the best way to avoid any potential problems down the road.
Keystone RV Slide Out Some Problems And How To Fix Them
Keystone RV slideouts can also be damaged by foreign objects, such as toys or tools. Make sure to keep all objects away from the slide-out mechanism to prevent damage.
BYPASSING THE MOTOR:
In some cases, the motor on a Keystone RV slide-out may stop working. If this happens, you can bypass the motor by using the manual crank to move the slide-out.
If you are using the manual crank to move your slide-out and it is still not moving smoothly, it may be because of insufficient lubrication. To fix this, apply a lubricant to the rails of the slide-out.
Dirt and Debris:
One of the most common causes of Keystone RV slide-out problems is dirt and debris. Make sure to keep the area around the slide-out free of any obstructions.
Another common issue with Keystone RV slide outs is leaking. If you notice water leaking from the slide-out, check for damage to the seals and fix any leaks that you find.
One of the main reasons Keystone RV slide-outs may not work is due to a lack of power. Make sure that your RV is plugged into an outlet with enough amps to support the slide-out.
MOVING PARTS: Another common issue with Keystone RV slide outs is that the parts simply wear out over time. This can be fixed by purchasing and installing a new slide-out mechanism.
FRICTION: If your Keystone RV slide-out is not moving smoothly, it may be because of too much friction. One way to reduce friction is to apply a lubricant to the rails. Be sure to use a lubricant that is specifically made for use with RV slide outs.
DAMAGED RAILS: Keystone RV slideouts are often damaged by debris or sharp objects. If you notice that your slide-out is not moving smoothly, check the rails for damage and clear away any debris that may be causing the issue.
How Do I Reset My RV Slide Out?
If your Keystone RV slide-out isn’t working properly, you may need to reset it. Here’s how to do it:
1. Disconnect power from the RV.
2. Remove the fuse for the slide-out module.
3. Reconnect power to the RV.
4. Replace the fuse for the slide-out module.
5. Test the slide-out by operating it manually.
If the slideout still doesn’t work, you may need to replace the module. Contact your dealer for assistance.
How Do You Manually Retract a Hydraulic Slide-Out Keystone?
1. If your slide-out is in the full retracted or extended position, you will need to find an object that is approximately the same size as the channel on each side of the slide-out.
2. Place these objects (channel blockers) on the ground next to the motorhome at each end of the slide-out, so that the slide-out cannot move while you are working on it.
3. Open the electrical box panel located near the front of your motorhome and locate the hydraulic power unit for your slide-out (see photo below).
4. Disconnect both cables from the power unit (black and red).
5. Remove two screws from the top of the power unit cover (see photo below).
6. Carefully remove the cover and set it aside.
7. Now you will be able to see the two hydraulic hoses that run from the power unit to the slide-out (see photo below).
8. Loosen the hose clamps on each hose and slide the hoses off of the fittings.
9. Take a look at where the hoses attach to the slide-out (see photo below). There is a metal bracket on each side with two bolts.
10. Remove the bolts and set the bracket aside.
11. Slide the hoses back over the fittings on the power unit and tighten the hose clamps.
12. Reconnect the cables to the power unit and replace the cover.
13. Restore power to the slide-out by turning on the switch inside the electrical box panel.
14. test the slide-out by retracting it manually. If it doesn’t move, you may need to adjust the position of the blockers so that they are in contact with the entire channel on each side of the slide-out.
15. If the slide-out still doesn’t move, you may have a more serious problem and should contact a qualified technician for assistance.
Will My Slide-Out Work Without A Battery?
If you have an electrical hookup at your campsite, your slide-out will work without a battery. However, if you don’t have an electrical hookup and need to use your slide-out while camping, you’ll need to have a battery installed in your RV. Keystone RV provides instructions on how to do this in the owner’s manual.
If your slide-out isn’t working properly, there are a few things you can do to try to fix the problem. First, make sure all of the wirings are connected correctly and that there is no damage to the cords or wires. If everything looks good, check the fuse box to see if any of the fuses have blown.
Who Makes The Best RV Slide-Out?
That is a question that many people ask and there is no definitive answer. Some people may swear by one brand while others may say that another brand is better. The truth is, there are a lot of good brands on the market.
However, if you are experiencing problems with your RV slide-out, it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. Here are a few tips on how to do just that:
1. Contact the manufacturer. This is probably the best place to start if you are having any problems with your slide-out. The manufacturer should be able to help you troubleshoot the problem and fix it if necessary.
2. Take it to a repair shop. If you are not comfortable trying to fix the problem yourself, you can take it to a repair shop. They should be able to help you get your slide-out up and running again.
3. Use online resources. If you are handy with a toolbox, there are plenty of online resources that can help you fix your slide-out. Just be sure to do your research before trying anything yourself. You don’t want to make the problem worse.
Hopefully, these tips will help you get your RV slide-out working properly again. Remember, if you are having any problems, don’t hesitate to contact the manufacturer or a repair shop. They should be able to help you troubleshoot and fix the issue.
How Do You Test An RV SlideOut Motor?
The first step in testing an RV slide out motor is to identify the problem. There are three main types of problems that can occur with a slide-out: the motor doesn’t run, the slider binds or moves slowly, or the motor runs but the slider doesn’t move. Once you have identified the problem, you can test the motor using one of two methods.
If you suspect that the problem is with the motor, you can test it by disconnecting it from the power supply and checking to see if it still works. If it does, then the problem is most likely with the wiring or switch. If it doesn’t work when disconnected from the power supply, then the problem is with the motor itself.