If you’re like most people, you love spending time outdoors on your ATV. But did you know that handguards can make your ride a lot more enjoyable?
Not only do they protect your hands from the elements, but they also keep them from getting scratched up or bruised.
In this blog post, we will discuss the 10 best ATV handguards for your money!
Handguards are an important piece of safety equipment for any ATV rider. Not only do they protect your hands from the elements, but they also keep them from getting scratched up or bruised.
There are a few things to consider when choosing handguards for your ATV. First, you need to decide what material you want them to be made out of.
Plastic is the most common choice because it is lightweight and inexpensive. However, metal handguards offer more protection and durability.
Second, you need to choose a handguard that will fit your ATV’s make and model. third, you need to decide what features you want in a handguard.
Do you want one with a built-in mirror? Do you want one that is vented to help keep your hands cool? fourth, you need to decide how much money you are willing to spend on handguards.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you will be able to narrow down your choices and find the best ATV handguards for your needs!
5 Best ATV Handguards
1. Acerbis X-Ultimate Handguards (Black/Orange)
Acerbis X-Ultimate Handguards (Black/Orange)
$37.99 in stock
1 used from $34.99
- Upper and lower lids removable for maximum ventilation.
- Universal mounting behind the pump.
- Horizontally adjustable.
- Application: handlebars external diameter from 2mm,28mm, and twinwall.
These Acerbis X-Ultimate ATV Handguards are made out of sturdy plastic materials and have excellent protection for your hands.
They also come with a built in mirror, a ventilation feature to keep you cool during riding time as well as exterior diameter sizes ranging from 2mm - 28 mm so they will fit most makes & models on the market today!
These are one of the best handguards you can buy and they're very reasonably priced at around $30.
2. Dirt Bike Handguards ATV Handguards Motorcycle Universal Handguards
Dirt Bike Handguards ATV Handguards Motorcycle Universal Handguards for Off-Road Motocross Enduro Handguards Replacement 7/8" 22mm
1 used from $9.34
- Dirt Bike Handguards：Premium PP plastic makes the motorcycle handguards durable, waterproof and wearable.
- Motorcycle Universal Handguards Dimensions: Height 9cm/3.5“, Width 23.3cm/9.2”, Connection length 8.6cm/3.4".
- Powersports Handguards Compatibility: Fits for 7/8" 22mm handlebars, comes with easy-to-install screw accessories.
- Features: A big size that hides your hands with peace of mind, protects against the cold and wind, guards from stones, and avoids rain (the handle does not slip due to water). It also has a dress-up effect.
- Note: Since it is a general-purpose product, small processing may be required if there is interference during installation. Also, depending on the shape of the handle, it may not be possible to install it. Please contact us if in need.
The powerful wind and cold are no match for the warmth generated by this hand guard. It's made of high-quality materials to protect you while riding, with easy-to-install accessories that will have your ATV looking great too!
This handguard is a great choice for those who want maximum protection from the elements.
These handguards are universal and will fit most makes and models of ATVs & dirt bikes. They're made out of sturdy plastic and they offer great protection for your hands. They're also vented to keep your hands cool during riding time!
3. POLARIS SPORTSMAN MOST MODELS HANDGUARDS AND MOUNTS
POLARIS SPORTSMAN MOST MODELS HANDGUARDS AND MOUNTS
$69.69 in stock
- Brand new, genuine Polaris ATV hand guards, BLACK. This is a factory original equipment accessory. Give your hands extra protection with these handguards, which shield hands from cold, wind, precipitation, branches, and brush.
- Best of all, these hand guards can attach or detach to the handlebar area in an estimated 10-15 minutes allowing you to ride more - and not hassle with any time-consuming accessory installation. They are made of durable high-density polyethylene and are sold in pairs.
- Kit includes: 2879380 - Hand guard mount kit and 2876846 - Polaris Black Hand Guards.
If you're looking for handguards that are specifically made to fit your Polaris Sportsman, then these are the ones you want. They're made from high-strength aluminum and they have a powder-coated finish to resist corrosion. They also come with all the necessary mounting hardware.
These handguards will keep your hands protected from the elements and any debris that might fly up while you're riding. They're also comfortable to grip and they won't slip thanks to the knurled surface.
Installation is simple and they look great on your ATV. If you want handguards that are made specifically for your Polaris Sportsman, then these are the ones you need.
4. PowerMadd 34410 Black/Black Sentinel Handguard
PowerMadd 34410 Black/Black Sentinel Handguard
- Most stylish, functional and durable hand guard to date
- Sentinel offers you more protection with an updated look and great accessories
- Made of two different types of plastic-a stiff two piece spine for durability, and a softer colored body for flexibility
- Sold as pair
- Requires mount kit
These PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards are the perfect option for you if durability and style matter most.
They're made from high-impact plastic, with black finish on top of red accents that give them an updated look without compromising protection, and they come as a pair.
The mounting brackets are made of aluminum for durability, and they're even powder coated to match the hand guards. Installation is easy and only takes a few minutes.
If you want the best possible protection for your hands while riding your ATV, then these PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards are the way to go.
5. JFG-RACING Black Handguards Hand Guards
JFG-RACING Black Handguards Hand Guards - Universal for 7/8" and 1 1/8" Brush Bar For off Road ATV For Motorcycle Pit Dirt Bike Motocross
- Aftermarket handlebar Hand Brush Guards for off road and dual sport motorcycles
- JFG Hand Guards Can Protect Your Hands From Brush Rocks Mud And Cold wind and reinforced to protect your motorcycle in the event of a crash
- JFG Handguards Is With Enough Room For Brake Cables Control And Other Devices
- Material:PP Plastic and Aluminum Alloy
- Fit All Handlebars Range 7/8" 22mm and 1 1/8" 28mm
JFGR-RACING Black Handguards are constructed of high-quality materials to guarantee that they can protect your hands if you have an accident.
These hand guards were created for off-road and dual-sport ATVs, which means there's plenty of space on them for brake lines or other gadgets needed while riding without impeding normal operation.
They're a bit more expensive than some of the other hand guards on this list, but they're worth it for the quality and protection they offer.
What are ATV handguards for?
A good pair of handguards will shield your hands from trail debris. A good pair of handguards will shield your hands from trail debris, wind, and flying roost from other riders.
They can also protect your levers in the event of a crash. Handguards come in many shapes and sizes, but they all serve the same purpose: to keep you safe and comfortable while riding.
When shopping for handguards, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, consider what type of riding you’ll be doing most often. If you’re mostly going to be on the trails, you’ll want something that offers good coverage without being too bulky.
Second, think about how easy the handguards are to install and remove. You don’t want something that’s going to take hours to put on or take off every time you ride.
Third, consider the price. Handguards can range from relatively inexpensive to quite expensive, so it’s important to find something that fits your budget.
Fourth, take a look at the materials the handguards are made of. Some are made of plastic, while others are made of aluminum or other metals.
Plastic handguards are typically lighter weight and easier to install, but they don’t offer as much protection as metal handguards.
Metal handguards are usually more expensive, but they’re also more durable and offer better protection in the event of a crash.
Are handguards necessary?
Yes, you need ATV handguards. Unless you never ride in the rain, mud, or dirt, handguards are a necessity.
They keep your hands clean and dry and prevent flying debris from hitting you in the face or hands.
If you’ve ever been hit by a rock or stick while riding, you know how important it is to have handguards.
Do yourself a favor and invest in a good pair of handguards. Your hands will thank you for it.
How Much Should You Spend on ATV Handguards?
This is a question that we get all the time, and unfortunately, there’s no easy answer. It really depends on a lot of factors – what type of riding you do, what kind of terrain you’re in, how much money you’re willing to spend, etc.
That being said, we’ve put together a quick guide to help you make the best decision for your needs. Read on to find out more!
When it comes to ATV handguards, there are three main types: full coverage, half coverage, and ventilated.
Full coverage handguards offer the most protection from debris and branches, but they can also be the most expensive.
Half coverage handguards provide good protection while still allowing some airflow to keep your hands cool, and they’re usually more affordable than full coverage handguards.
Ventilated handguards offer the least protection but are often the most comfortable in hot weather riding conditions.
So, which type is right for you? It really depends on what kind of riding you do and where you ride.
If you’re mostly riding on well-groomed trails with few obstacles, half coverage or even ventilated handguards may be all you need.
But if you’re doing a lot of off-roading in rough terrain, full coverage handguards are probably a good idea.
They’ll protect your hands from branches, rocks, and other debris that can cause injuries. They can also help prevent damage to your levers and controls in the event of a fall.
As for price, it really varies depending on the brand and materials used. You can find decent handguards for around $50, or you can spend upwards of $200 for a high-end pair.
So, how much should you spend on ATV handguards? It really depends on your needs and budget. If you do a lot of off-roading in rough terrain, we recommend spending more to get a good pair of full coverage handguards.
But if you mostly ride on groomed trails, half coverage or ventilated handguards may be all you need. And remember, you can always upgrade later if you find yourself needing more protection!